Who We Are:
Founded in 1995, the National Association of Pharmacy Regulatory Authorities (NAPRA) is a not-for-profit association of provincial and territorial pharmacy regulatory bodies. Our members regulate the practice of pharmacy professionals and operation of pharmacies in their respective jurisdictions across Canada.
We provide a platform for our members to debate ideas relevant to the field and to take a national approach in addressing common issues in the regulation and safe practice of pharmacy. We offer a number of key programs and services to meet the specific needs of our members and to support their important objectives.
We share with our members a mandate to protect the health of the public through pharmacy regulatory excellence.
We are a growing team of committed and energetic individuals who look forward to undertaking new projects and expanding our ability to support our members in 2019 and beyond.
We are currently recruiting for a Standards and Competencies Specialist to provide expertise and guidance related to professional competency profile and standards development for NAPRA.
The incumbent will report to the Manager, Professional and Regulatory Affairs and have the opportunity to manage the development and modernization of NAPRA’s suite of standards practice, competency profiles, guidance documents and other publications.
As our ideal candidate you are someone who is able to work constructively on multiple projects concurrently and have experience writing within a business and/or healthcare context. You’re excellent in written and verbal English communication and can create technical detailed documents while having the ability to transform complexity into simplicity for the reader. You’re always looking to take on new challenges and engage with your colleagues in an open and constructive way.
- Develop and maintain a renewal schedule for NAPRA’s suite of documents, including standards of practice, competency profiles and guidance documents
- Manage multiple projects to develop or modernize NAPRA documents according to the renewal schedule and in line with current standards and competency development best practices
- Coordinate, facilitate and support committees or working groups of subject matter experts to direct document development or renewal. This includes supporting the recruitment of subject matter experts from relevant associations and stakeholders in coordination with the Manager, Professional and Regulatory Affairs
- Conduct research necessary to support the document development process and draft or revise NAPRA documents based on the research conducted, input of committees or working groups and feedback of NAPRA member organizations and relevant stakeholder organizations
- Regularly monitor the need for revisions to NAPRA documents in response to internal and external factors, to ensure they remain current and accurate and continue to meet the needs of NAPRA’s members
- Manage and respond to external inquiries regarding NAPRA’s suite of documents.
- A diploma or degree in a pharmacy-related field and/or in a field related to standard or competency development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with experience writing within a business or healthcare context and the ability to translate complex ideas into simple statements
- Experience with project management
- Ability to work well with committees and subject matter experts
- Ability to build collaborative relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Strong facilitation skills with the ability to build consensus from multiple perspectives
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong research skills, preferably in a pharmacy or healthcare context
- Experience working in a pharmacy practice environment (experience in sterile and non-sterile compounding would be an asset)
- Familiarity with standard and competency development
- Ability to work productively independently and as part of a small but dynamic team
- Proficiency in French and knowledge translation an asset
Please include your resume and cover letter with your application to email@example.com
NAPRA respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and provides accommodation and support to persons with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.