Position Posting for Ottawa, ON
Who We Are:
Founded in 1995, the National Association of Pharmacy Regulatory Authorities (NAPRA) is a not-for-profit association of provincial and territorial pharmacy regulatory bodies. Our members regulate the practice of pharmacy professionals and operation of pharmacies in their respective jurisdictions across Canada.
We provide a platform for our members to debate ideas relevant to the field and to take a national approach in addressing common issues in the regulation and safe practice of pharmacy. We offer a number of key programs and services to meet the specific needs of our members and to support their important objectives.
We share with our members a mandate to protect the health of the public through pharmacy regulatory excellence.
We are a growing team of committed and energetic individuals who look forward to undertaking new projects and expanding our communications outreach in 2019 and beyond.
We are currently recruiting for a Project Manager to develop and implement a pilot project which will support international pharmacy graduates seeking licensure in Canada. The role is a three-year contract, covering the life cycle of the project. Reporting to, and working in close collaboration with the Manager, Programs and Services (who will act as the Project Lead), you will lead a small team to develop and implement a multi-year national pilot program funded by the Government of Canada to provide training to international pharmacy graduates.
Using excellent project management skills and proven methodologies, you will create, monitor and implement a project plan while monitoring a multi-million-dollar budget and ensuring that milestones are met. Using your creativity and imagination, you will also have the opportunity to contribute to a brand development and promotional strategy for the pilot project.
- In partnership with the project lead, develop, manage and maintain detailed project plans, documentation and budget closely following PMI methodologies.
- Record, track and manage project issues and risks; escalating where necessary
- Lead internal project meetings and external meetings related to project development and implementation
- Provide regular status and dashboard reports to the project lead
- Manage and lead a small but motivated project team
- Develop a branding and promotional strategy
- Support or manage suppliers using RFPs and contracts in accordance with Government of Canada policies
- Develop partnerships with organizations who support international pharmacy graduates
- At minimum, a bachelor’s degree in a related field. PM certificate and PMP designation are an asset
- Recent project management experience with at least two years as the project manager (managing projects from start to finish)
- Knowledge of project management concepts and experience using project management related tools
- Experience in program development and implementation
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex, competing priorities including the ability to handle multiple tasks under pressure across multiple disciplines
- Detail oriented with superior organizational skills.
- Excellent leadership skills to lead a small team of diverse individuals, providing oversight of their work, coaching and supporting them from a developmental perspective
- Demonstrated experience working with Government of Canada funding programs and the financial policies within the program
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of the international pharmacy environment and an understanding of the challenges faced by international pharmacy graduates with respect to the licensure process is an asset.
- Experience in developing promotional strategies is an asset
- Proficiency in French is an asset
This position is located in Ottawa and may include some travel within Canada
Please send your resume and cover letter, stating how you meet the key qualifications, to email@example.com.
NAPRA respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and provides accommodation and support to persons with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.