Who We Are:
Founded in 1995, the National Association of Pharmacy Regulatory Authorities (NAPRA) is a not-for-profit association of provincial and territorial pharmacy regulatory bodies. Our members regulate the practice of pharmacy professionals and operation of pharmacies in their respective jurisdictions across Canada.
We provide a platform for our members to debate ideas relevant to the field and to take a national approach in addressing common issues in the regulation and safe practice of pharmacy. We offer a number of key programs and services to meet the specific needs of our members and to support their important objectives.
We share with our members a mandate to protect the health of the public through pharmacy regulatory excellence.
We are a growing team of committed and energetic individuals who look forward to undertaking new projects and expanding our ability to support our members in 2019 and beyond.
We are currently recruiting for a Pharmacy Practice Specialist to lead key NAPRA projects on issues affecting the regulation of pharmacy practice and support NAPRA’s work related to drug scheduling, professional practice or regulatory issues, as well as engagement with key stakeholders.
The incumbent will report to the Manager, Professional and Regulatory Affairs and have the opportunity to provide expertise in pharmacy practice that can be applied to NAPRA’s ongoing professional and regulatory activities.
As our ideal candidate, you are or have been a practicing pharmacist. You are an experienced project manager, able to coordinate constructively on multiple projects concurrently. You are an analytical problem solver, able to develop solutions quickly and with minimal supervision. You’re a strong written and verbal communicator. You’re always looking to take on new challenges, and engage with your colleagues in an open and constructive way.
- Manage multiple, key NAPRA projects related to the regulation of pharmacy practice, as assigned by the Manager, Professional and Regulatory Affairs
- Coordinate, facilitate and support committees or working groups of subject matter experts to support assigned projects. This includes supporting the recruitment of subject matter experts from relevant associations and stakeholders in coordination with the Manager, Professional and Regulatory Affairs
- Gather information, including conducting research and environmental scans, to provide informed analysis to support key projects on professional practice or regulatory issues and respond to related external queries.
- Provide support for NAPRA’s National Drug Schedules Program, including but not limited to maintenance of the database, support of the National Drug Scheduling Advisory Committee and responding to external inquiries related to drug scheduling
- Provide support for NAPRA’s engagement with the federal government and other relevant stakeholders, including research and analysis of the topics at hand
- Draft or revise documents required for the assigned projects, stakeholder consultations or other work related to professional and regulatory affairs based on research conducted, input of committees and working groups and feedback of NAPRA member organizations and relevant stakeholder organizations
- A minimum of a Bachelor degree in pharmacy, with a current licence to practice pharmacy in a province of Canada
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a pharmacy practice setting
- Experience with research in a pharmacy or healthcare context
- Project management and facilitation experience
- Strength in problem solving, analytical, organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work well with committees and subject matter experts and build collaborative relationships
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, preferably in a business or healthcare context
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Proficiency in French is an asset
NAPRA respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and provides accommodation and support to persons with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.