Full-Time Bilingual Communications Associate position, Ottawa, ON
Who We Are:
Founded in 1995, the National Association of Pharmacy Regulatory Authorities (NAPRA) is a not-for-profit association of provincial and territorial pharmacy regulatory bodies. Our members regulate the practice of pharmacy professionals and operation of pharmacies in their respective jurisdictions across Canada.
We provide a platform for our members to debate ideas relevant to the field and to take a national approach in addressing common issues in the regulation and safe practice of pharmacy. We offer a number of key programs and services to meet the specific needs of our members and to support their important objectives. We share with our members a mandate to protect the health of the public through pharmacy regulatory excellence. We are a growing team of committed and energetic individuals who look forward to undertaking new projects and expanding our communications outreach in 2019 and beyond.
We are currently recruiting for a full-time Communications Associate to support the National Association of Pharmacy Regulatory Authorities’ mission and goals. The incumbent will report to the Manager of Communications and work within a team of 12 professionals, supporting all programs and services. This position is slated to progressively undertake more advanced duties within the first year.
As our ideal candidate, you have worked in a not-for-profit environment and have experience writing and creating content for various audiences (public, Board, members, etc.). You are knowledgeable about how associations work and have prepared materials for Board meetings, have a highly organized workflow and enjoy a variety of assignments. You are an analytical problem solver, able to present possibilities quickly. You anticipate problems and challenges with confidence, developing ways to meet common objectives and timelines with your colleagues in an open and constructive way.
- Undertake translations personally or coordinate by contractor. Review translations for quality control to confirm accuracy of translation and alignment with NAPRA style.
- Edit and review documents in both official languages and maintain NAPRA Lexicon for English and French terms used by all NAPRA programs.
- Support the creation of regular content for NAPRA’s digital presence.
- Maintain NAPRA’s websites by regularly posting documents and updating relevant information.
- Contribute to the writing and distribution of internal and external communications, including a Stakeholder newsletter and publications.
- Provide communication and translation support to NAPRA’s key programs: National Pharmacy Technician Education Bridging Program, Pharmacists’ Gateway Canada for International Pharmacists and National Drug Scheduling.
- Respond and/or coordinate responses to public inquiries from NAPRA’s email address.
- Collect and manage statistical information relevant to NAPRA initiatives.
- Support the Manager of Communications in the completion of their mandate, including production of annual report, media and administrative support.
- Complete website content updates and quality control
- Support the structure and delivery of Board meetings (scheduling travel, booking venues, distributing agendas, coordinating meeting materials, etc.)
External and Internal Relationships:
- Support the Manager of Communications and undertake other duties and projects as assigned
- Engage with the public by developing responses to inquiries to the NAPRA email address.
- Support the Executive Director.
- Act as a point of contact for Board Members.
- A degree or diploma in administration, communications, public affairs or a related field. A passion for and experience in both the medical and communication fields is a strong asset to the role.
- Three years of relevant experience, preferably in the non-profit sector, is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills able to meet the professionalism standard necessary to work with a Board of Directors.
- Excellent bilingual communication skills (verbal and written, English and French).
- Experience working for or with professional associations is an asset.
- Strong attention to detail and a dedication to producing accurate work.
- Able to prioritize activities and utilize effective time management skills to meet competing project needs.
- Experience with website software and content management systems is an asset.
- Able to work productively independently and as part of a small but dynamic team.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite within a professional environment.
- Knowledge of medical technical terminology is an asset.
Please include your resume, cover letter and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letters must have at least one paragraph in French and one paragraph in English.
NAPRA respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and provides accommodation and support to persons with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.