Job Title: Student Officer
Dates: June 2020-August 2020
Location: NAPRA Office 130 Albert St. Ottawa, Ontario
Interested in learning more about and contributing to national pharmacy regulatory issues? NAPRA is looking for a pharmacy student to join their team of pharmacists and regulatory specialists from June 2020 to August 2020.
The National Association of Pharmacy Regulatory Authorities (NAPRA) is a not-for-profit organization located in Ottawa, Ontario. It is the national alliance of provincial and territorial pharmacy regulatory authorities and the Canadian Forces Pharmacy Services. Its members regulate the practice of pharmacy in their respective jurisdictions in Canada and their primary mandate is to serve and protect the public interest.
As a pharmacy student you will work with the Professional and Regulatory Affairs Department within NAPRA. The overall goal of a summer position at NAPRA is to provide the pharmacy student with exposure to national pharmacy regulatory issues of importance to the profession.
Specific tasks during the summer position will include:
- Contribute to ongoing NAPRA projects including the Culture of Professionalism and Cross-Jurisdictional Framework projects.
- Respond to questions from pharmacy professionals and the public related to the National Drug Schedules, NAPRA documents and other pharmacy regulatory questions.
- Contribute to the development of NAPRA Model Standards
- Contribute to maintaining the National Drug Schedules
- Learn about and contribute to NAPRA’s other programs (P4T, Pharmacists Gateway Canada)
If you are a highly motivated pharmacy student and interested in spending the summer living in Ottawa and working with a team of professionals that are passionate about pharmacy, we would love to hear from you. Please send a cover letter and CV to Dr. Elizabeth Kozyra at email@example.com by Monday March 16, 2020.