NAPRA’s suite of model standards for pharmacy compounding comprises three model standards, with one pertaining to non-hazardous sterile preparations, one to hazardous sterile preparations, and one to non-sterile preparations.
The implementation of the model standards is under the authority of the respective provincial, territorial or Canadian Armed Forces pharmacy regulatory bodies. These bodies each establish their own process for the implementation of the standards in their jurisdiction.
The guidance document was developed to provide more detail on how the standards outlined in the Model Standards for Pharmacy Compounding of Non-sterile Preparations can be achieved. In addition, the guidance document provides direction on and assistance with implementation of the model standards.
The Model Standards for Pharmacy Compounding of Non-sterile Preparations, published with this guidance document, is available below and on our website.
The model standards document effectively replace NAPRA’s Guidelines for Pharmacy Compounding (2006).
- Guidance Document for Pharmacy Compounding of Non-sterile Preparations
- Model Standards for Pharmacy Compounding of Non-sterile Preparations
- Table of Contents
- Checklist 1 COMPOUNDING STEPS Fillable
- Table 1 ELEMENTS TO COVER IN TRAINING Fillable
- Table 2 ELEMENTS TO COVER IN TRAINING CLEANING PERSONNEL Fillable
- Table 3 POLICIES AND PROCEDURES Fillable
- Table 6 EXAMPLE COMPONENTS OF A QUALITY ASSURANCE PROGRAM
- Template 1 Template for developing a procedure (blank)
- Template 2 Master Formulation Record (blank)
- Template 3 Incident accident reporting form Fillable
Audiences: General Practice Resources